How to prevent the Lipo battery from becoming zero voltage?
I'm sure that this situation happens to a lot of people, that is the Lipo battery is dead after it used a few times. And users' first reaction must be that the Lipo battery isn't good enough. As long as you buy a reliable brand, as long as you use the Lipo battery in the right way, the Lipo battery will last a long time.
Let's start with what might kill the Lipo battery:
The 1st reason: It is not correct for Lipo batteries to store at full power or no power for long periods of time. If you don't use your Lipo battery for a long period of time, such as 1 month, 6 months, or even longer. Then proper handling way will ensure that your Lipo battery will be good in storage.
For Storage, take note of the following:
(1) In general, we recommend that the customers store the Lipo battery at half power. And the temperature of the storage environment is about 25 °C.
(2) Before storage, charge the Lipo battery for the last time. Check the voltage of each Lipo battery cell. Make sure that the Lipo battery cell voltage is almost the same (error + /-0.01V). Then discharge, release about 50-60% of the power, and then save.
(3) If the Lipo battery is not used for more than 1 month. Then check the voltage of each Lipo battery cell regularly every month. To ensure that the lowest battery voltage is not less than 3.0V, if less than 3.0V, then try to charge and discharge again.
The 2nd reason: Many users always overcharge or over-discharge their Lipo batteries while using them. So what can we do to prevent this?
(1) To protect the normal Lipo battery does not appear any abnormal. You to use the lithium Polymer battery special charger to charge the Lipo battery. Any special charger has the function of automatically stopping charging after full charging. You must follow the Lipo battery manual to set the voltage and current.
(2) Overdischarge also damages your Lipo batteries. So it is best not to discharge the Lipo battery cell below 3.7V. Be sure to use the discharge cut-off voltage recommended by the manufacturer.
The 3rd reason: The Lipo battery hit or damaged by an External Force. I once heard of a pilot who was testing a helicopter model when the battery was thrown onto the propeller. The battery smoked in a flash in the air. The fuselage was also damaged by the battery when the high-temperature baking deformation. This shows what happens when a Lipo battery hit or damaged by an External Force. Our company is very strict about the Lipo battery packaging requirements. Considering the Lipo battery's non-collision resistance. We always use the strongest packing. Almost no customer complaints about our packing are broken after receiving our Lipo batteries. During the use of the battery, be sure to protect the battery, try not to let the battery by collision.
The 4th reason: The quality of the battery produced by the factory is not up to standard. To ensure the consistency of the battery voltage. Our company will do the following tests before the battery shipped out:
Step1: Scan the Qr Code. Do OCV1 test to Lipo battery cells. And then test voltage and internal resistance, pick out the unqualified battery.
Step2: Store for another 7 says to age.
Step3: Scan the Qr Code. Do OCV2 test to Lipo battery. And test Lipo battery voltage and internal resistance, pick out the unqualified products.
Step4: Store the qualified products in the warehouse.
Step5: Before the battery cell placed on the production line. Scan the QR code for the OCV3 test, and pick out the qualified product.
Step6: After the Lipo battery pack assembled. Do the OCV4 test to ensure the battery voltage is the same, and then put the PVC (heat shrink tube) on the battery.
Step7: After the PVC and labeling work finished. All Lipo batteries will transfer to the packing workshop for shipment. And QC (the quality department) will check the voltage and internal resistance again. At last, ship out all qualified Lipo batteries.
What determines a Lipo battery Life? Besides the quality of the battery, the method of using the battery is also important. If you meet this situation in the future, you can refer to the above reasons for analysis, to see where the problem. in the future when trying to avoid the use of batteries.
The above analysis of ideas and suggestions is what I can provide for Lipo battery users. I hope they're valuable to you.
If you'd like to discuss more Lipo battery issues with me. Pls feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org